A big thanks to Jenn from ComeBack Momma for contributing to my series even though she doesn’t actually have a gym bag!!!!
When Toni asked me to write for her “What’s in My Gym Bag” feature, I first thought about turning her down since I don’t go to the gym that often. But, upon more reflection, I decided to share some of the favorite things I either wear or bring to the gym as well as the things I love to have for my home workouts.
My favorite gym lately is my local Field House where they provide sports performance training for athletes and boot camp style classes for adults. This gym is close to home so I don’t usually pack much of a bag. Here is what you will typically see me with:
- A BPA Free Water Bottle – I happened to get 2 that I really like from the Rooftop Rodeo in Estes Park Colorado. I highly recommend it if you ever go.
- Reebok DMX Sky sneakers – These shoes are my new best friends. I was lucky enough to get a pairi for review and I LOVE THEM! They are perfect for the high impact demands of Boot Camp.
- My Ellie.com long sleeve pullover. Our mornings are still pretty chilly here in New England so I typically start my workout in long sleeves and peel off a layer after our warm-up. This top is super comfortable.
- High-waist capri pants. I have found that the high-waist pants stay on best with all the running and jumping of this class. I have made the mistake of wearing more of a yoga pant and found myself pulling them up throughout the workout. Lately my 3 favorite pants are from Reebok, Fila, and Marika.
- I can’t workout with out a good sports bra. My two favorites are from Champion and Moving Comfort. I like a little built-in padding so that there is no “headlight” action if you know what I mean.
- For shirts, I like something that is wicking and bright in color since I wear black on the bottom all the time. My favorite tops are by Marika and Moving Comfort.
- Hats – I often wear workout hats. First, they keep the sweat out of my eyes. Second, they keep my messy morning hair in place until after my workout and shower. I LOVE my Nike P90X hat!
So, that pretty much sums up what you’ll typically see me wearing at the gym. At home, I am not as fussy. I typically pull my hair back in a headband and wear whatever. Sometimes I even workout with my pajama bottoms still on especially for yoga or body weight exercises. Since I don’t otherwise go to the gym, I create my own gym at home. Here are the few items I can’t live without:
- Variety of hand weights. I have a range from 3-15 lbs.
- Stability ball
- Yoga Mat
- Medicine ball. I have two 4 lbs. and 8 lbs.
These items are really all I need to get a pretty amazing workout. I love my treadmill and have some kettlebells too, but the items above are requirements in my home gym. Thanks Toni for letting me share with your readers.
Jenn blogs at ComebackMomma.com where she shares her real life experiences about her quest to be healthy, fit, stylish, and happy. Every woman deserves to feel like she is the best that she can be. Jenn hopes to inspire other moms who have had setbacks to make comebacks of their own. You can also find Jenn Tweeting @comebackmomma
If you would like to participate in this series please email me at runninglovingliving at gmail dot com.