I am busy.
I work full-time as a nurse, Monday through Friday 8-4pm. I have a husband and two kids, 16 and 4. I blog. I run. I go to the gym. I cook. I am going back to school for my Bachelor’s degree. I am working on my personal training certification.
I am busy. As many of you are too! I also have a very short attention span. I get bored pretty quickly, taking the same classes at the gym and doing the same workouts day after day bores me. It also bores my body and I stop seeing results. Mixing it up benefits both my psyche and my body, but finding the time to mix it up has proven to be difficult…..that is until I found Fitblok.
Fitblok is not like any other online fitness site. On Fitblok you will find real workouts, on schedule, and on demand, from independent trainers in every fitness field. There is no monthly membership fee, you pay for the classes you want as you go. Most classes range from $0.99-$2.99, with a few slightly higher. You can add upcoming live classes right into your calendar and invite your friends to join you or you can work out to classes that have already taken place on-demand.
The best part about Fitblok is that it fits into your schedule!!!! No matter how busy you are you can take a class whenever you have the available time in your schedule. Plus, they have an iPad app which makes it super easy to take Fitblok to go!!! I am looking forward to taking it away with me when I go on vacation!
I tried a variety of on-demand classes at home, on my own schedule. Stretching, yoga, foam rolling, kettle bells are among the classes I tried. The variety of classes does not end there, you can try everything from TRX to CrossFit to Spinning to Barre Fitness, with more and more classes being added each day. I am actually looking forward to some being added to the Total Gym category, because I have a very underused Total Gym in my garage.
Pros of Fitblok:
- No membership fee. You pay for classes as you go, and with the on demand you can even view a few minutes before you pay, so you have time to decide if the class looks like it will be a good fit.
- Flexibility. Live workouts have scheduled times that you need to be available in order to take the class, but the times vary so you can schedule yourself for classes that fit your needs. On demand workouts can be viewed at any time, can be paused and you have 24 hours to watch it once you make the purchase.
- Variety. As you can see in the above picture of categories, you have a large variety of different types of classes to choose from, boredom will not be an issue.
Cons of Fitblok:
- Quality of videos. Some of the videos I have seen are not the highest quality. A few have been blurry and on the dark side. While this has not interfered with my ability to complete the workout, it can be annoying.
- Lack of workouts in some categories. I was so excited to see a Total Gym category, but disappointed to find no workouts under it. I would rather them not have the category listed until they have at least workout listed under it.
- If you like a workout that you have purchased and you want to work out to it again, you have to pay again.
Overall I was extremely satisfied with the site, especially the options I had to add workouts to my calendar and invite my friends to join me in workouts! Fitblok is a site I will be definitely utilizing on a regular basis to add the much need variety to my workouts that I crave, but sometimes cannot find the time to satisfy.
What do you think of having a variety of classes available to you without the hassle of a gym membership?
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Fitblok. All opinions are 100% my own.