It is not quite winter, but some days are ice cold and I hate running in the cold. Forty and above, I can tolerate. Below that, it depends on the conditions. Wind, snow, rain, ice, I hate them all, but am getting better. Last week I ran in the snow and wind, and guess what, I survived. Performing a dynamic warm-up has helped me adjust to the colder weather better than just going out and running. No that it is a part of my routine, I don’t leave the house without doing it.
Another successful week, here is the breakdown:
Monday 12/8/14: Total body strength workout
- Tuesday 12/9/14: Foam rolling and dynamic stretching
- Wednesday 12/10/14: Easy run-4.02 miles, 39:39, 9:51/mile
- Thursday 12/11/14: Total body strength workout
- Friday 12/12/14: Pickups-10 minute warm-up, 1-min hard alternating with 1-min easy x 5, 10 minute cool-down, 10 minute cool-down. Mile 1: 9:19, Mile 2: 8:37, Mile 3: 10:06, Mile 4: 10:26 (.23), total: 3.23 miles
- Saturday 12/13/14: Foam rolling and stretching
- Sunday 12/14/14: 45 minute long run, 1st mile 9:26, rest was unrecorded but effort level was the same throughout, approx. 4.5 miles
- Total Miles: 11.75 miles
I am ready to tackle a new week!! This quote inspires me to forge ahead and continue after my BQ goal:
What dreams do you want to accomplish in your life?