This week I started my training for the LI Marathon. I really haven’t run much since the NYC Marathon, so this week and the next few weeks is about building up my mileage and strength. I have not done much strength training, core training or stretching since August, but this week that all changed as I incorporated it all into this week’s training. I am using Jess, from Race Pace Wellness, as my coach and so far it has been the best investment I have ever made for my running. I need to have my weekly plans laid out for me and I need the accountability. Plus, Jess is always available to make changes to accommodate my crazy schedule! Check out my week below:
- Monday 12/1/14: 4 mile run and core workout. This run was great up until the last quarter of a mile. I was running, thinking how happy I was, how I felt great and then boom…….I turn the corner, trip and fall. I scraped my chin, shoulder, hands and chest on the concrete. I laid on the sidewalk for a few minutes to get my bearings and when I got up this lady drive up in her minivan to see if I was okay and offered me a ride home. I thanked her, but I was fine and only twp blocks from my house so I declined her offer. Lesson learned, no more happy thoughts while running.
- Tuesday 12/2/14: Foam rolling and stretching.
- Wednesday 12/3/14: Full body strength workout-30 minutes.
- Thursday 12/4/14: Hill repeats, approx. 4 miles. Stretching and foam rolling.
- Friday 12/5/14: Easy 30 minute run, 3.10 miles, 9:42/mile.
- Saturday 12/6/14: Stretch and Foam rolling.
- Sunday 12/7/14: 45 minute run, 4.65 miles, 9:42/mile
- Total Miles: 15.75 miles
I had a great week and followed the plan to the tee, even on the cold days when I was less than motivated to run outside!!! I feel great, my body feels great and I am ready for week 2!!! Boston here I come!!!!
Are you training for any Spring races? Do you have any goals?