This week was another great training week! I did every single workout that Jess created for me! The difference between training now and the training I did over the winter when I decided not to run the marathon is now my heart is in it.
During this past winter when I was coming off the high of running my first marathon I hired Jess to help me train for the Long Island Marathon. This ended up being the worst training cycle of my life and when it comes down to it, my heart just wasn’t in it. I had every excuse to miss workouts from the cold to my aching shoulder to being sick to going out the night before a run. The more I thought about training for the L.I. Marathon the more unhappy I became and that is why I decided not to run it. I could blame it on the winter but I actually trained through a terrible Long Island winter for the Long Island Half-Marathon and ran my fastest half ever that year. Why? Because my heart was in it.
This training cycle started two weeks ago and I have not missed a workout. Not for any reason. Why? Because I am not going to let anything get in my way. I want to run a fall marathon and do the best I can. I want to see how well I can do when I give it my all so I plan to make sure I get every workout in and that every workout is quality. Even Jess said working with me this time is like night and day. My heart is all in!
Here is last week’s breakdown:
- Monday 6/20/15: 20 minute recovery run, 2 miles.
- Tuesday 6/21/15: Total body strength workout. This workout killed me, in a good way. It made me realize how hard I was not working during my workouts. Overall it was a great workout.
- Wednesday 6/22/15: Rest.
- Thursday 6/23/15: Easy Run, 4 miles, 9:30 average pace. Total body strength workout.
- Friday 6/24/15: Pickups-15 minute warm-up, pickups (2:00 minutes hard alternating with 2:00 minutes easy) x 5, 10 minute cool-down. 4.7 miles, 9:45 average pace. This was a rough workout because I did it after work and it was hot and humid.
After work today instead of going to the bar with my husband & friends I ran. Who am I???? Wait, I am a #racepacerunner #training for a #marathon ! Going to the bar would have been way more for but #running was much more rewarding! PS-I am convinced that these buttons to turn the light green do not actually work & are just put there to appease impatient New Yorkers like myself, ironically enough they are just frustrating. I pushed that damn button at least 20 times & each push was a little more violent..lol #fitfluential #ffcheckin #runchat #liveyourdreams
- Saturday 6/26/15: Total body strength workout.
- Sunday 6/27/15: Long, hilly run, 7.2 miles, 11:00 average pace.
Long, hilly run a success! Norman J. Levy park and preserve was perfect. There were many different paths and many hills to run, 7 miles went quick! I felt like I could do 7 more! I even saw a fox today! #runchat #runner #running #racepacerunner #fitfluential #ffcheckin #liveyourdreams #sweatpink #nurserunners #runningnurse #training #marathon #asics #hills #seenonmyrun
A photo posted by Toni (@runninglovingliving) on
- Total mileage: 17.9 miles
Overall was a great week!!!
I can’t believe July is almost over and I can’t believe I only have three days left of work. In just a few short weeks I will be leaving Long Island and heading to Florida. It all seems a little surreal, but I am super excited to start fresh in a new place!!!!
How was your week?