My weekly training recaps when out the window when I moved in August and I plan to restart them for September, but for now I will give you a recap of August which includes weeks 4-7 (Aug. 3-30) of my New York City Marathon training. This month has been rough as you know if you have been keeping up on my posts and I have endearingly named this training cycle “What Doesn’t Kill Me Will Make Me Stronger”.
- Week 4:
- Monday 8/3/15: Rest
- Tuesday 8/4/13: Total body strength workout
- Wednesday 8/5/15: Pick-ups, 3.5 miles
- Thursday 8/6/15: Rest
- Friday 8/7/15: Easy Run, 4.6 miles; core
- Saturday 8/8/15: Long run, 3 miles
- Sunday 8/9/15: Recovery run, 3 miles
- Total Mileage: 14.1 miles
Another crappy Run today, 10 miles turned into 3. I am mentally and physically exhausted from packing up my house to love to Florida tomorrow and my runs have suffered. I am chalking this entire week up to a bad one and will start fresh once I hit Florida on Wednesday! #racepacerunner #running #runningnurse #runner #run #runchat #liveyourdreams #somerunsjustsuck #fitfluential #ffcheckin #tattooedrunner
- Week 5:
- Monday 8/10/15: Move (Driving to Florida)
- Tuesday 8/11/15: Move (Driving to Florida)
- Wednesday 8/12/15: Move (Driving to Florida)
- Thursday 8/13/15: Easy run 3.1 miles; core
- Friday 8/14/15: Total body strength workout
- Saturday 8/15/15: Rest
- Sunday 8/16/15: Long Run, 9.4 miles. This was my first long run in Florida and I really enjoyed it. It was definitely hard as I am too chicken to go out before the sun rises, so I ran from 8-10 am and it gets hot fast in Florida.
- Total Miles: 12.5 miles
15K done! It was hard but beautiful!!! Florida #running is definitely for me! #racepacerunner #liveyourdreams #fitfluential #ffcheckin #nurserunners #sweatpink #runchat #run #soleusrunning #nurse A photo posted by Toni (@runninglovingliving) on
- Week 6:
- Monday 8/17/15: Rest
- Tuesday 8/18/15: Recovery Run, 2.2 miles
- Wednesday 8/19/15: Total body strength workout
- Thursday 8/20/15: Rest
- Friday 8/21/15: 5 miles
- Saturday 8/22/15: Easy Run, 3.9 miles
- Sunday 8/23/15: Was supposed to do long run but just couldn’t do it, postponed until 8/24/15. Adjusting to Florida really got to me this week. Plus getting out early is hard because I don’t know the area and running in the dark makes me nervous, especially since there is so much new wildlife around here-like the armadillo I ran into below.
- Total Miles: 11.1 miles
- Week 7 (halfway point-eek!!)
- Monday 8/24/15: Long run, supposed to be 12 miles. I had a tough morning run so I ended up splitting the 12 miles into 2 runs-First half was outside at 6 am, I ran 5 miles in a hour and could not take another step so I cut it short. I did hit the treadmill that afternoon at 2:45 and ran another 6 miles. It is amazing that one could have such a horrible run in the am followed by a great run in the afternoon. The difference one the morning run was outdoors and the afternoon run was indoors. 11 miles total.
- Tuesday 8/25/15: My first Orange Theory Workout, 2.75 miles. Orange Theory is a heart rate driven workout that consists of treadmill intervals, rowing and strength. I am hoping to periscope there with one of their trainers later this week.
- Wednesday 8/26/15: Rest
- Thursday 8/27/15: Orange Theory, 2.75 miles
- Friday 8/28/15: Rest
- Saturday 8/29/15: Orange Theory, 3 miles
- Sunday 8/3/15: Another long run fail, will postpone until 8/31/15
- Total Miles: 19.5 miles
- Monthly Mileage: 56.2 miles
Awesome workout today at @otheoryfitness in Wesley Chapel! With an awesome trainer @tarabuonanno #orangetheoryfitness #ffcheckin #fitfluential A photo posted by Toni (@runninglovingliving) on
Overall, considering I had a big move from New York to Florida, I don’t think it was a horrible month. I am getting my bearings and adjusting somewhat to the weather so I think September will be a much better month. Jess has been a great support, she is like a running therapist in addition to a coach!!! Orange Theory has given me back some confidence in running that I had lost with the slower paces. Everything is falling into place!!!! I am totally ready to rock September!
How was your August??