Back in NY I used to go to this awesome restaurant Snaps that had a crispy kale salad that I absolutely loved! While this crispy kale salad is not exactly the same as that one, it was inspired by it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- 1 cup farro, cooked per package instructions
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese or Feta Cheese to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook farro as per package instructions, season with salt & pepper to taste.
- While farro is cooking place grape tomatoes, garlic, & kale on large roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the tomatoes, garlic & kale is roasting, toast pine nuts in a dry pan until they are slightly browned.
- Drain any excess water from farro and place in large bowl. Top with roasted tomatoes, garlic and crispy kale, stir slightly. Add parmesan or feta cheese to taste.
- You can enjoy this salad hot or cold, but if it is placed in a fridge the kale will soften.
Have you tried farro or crispy kale? What do you think??
Disclosure: As a compensated NOW Foods Ambassador I receive NOW products to try every month. All opinions are 100% my own.