This was a rough week that ended with a broken toe, so unfortunately this will be my last Echo Half Marathon Training Recap. I will continue with my weekly workout wrap ups, but for now I am out for the half. There is a slim possibility that my toe will be healed in tome for the race and I may decided to run/walk it, but only time will tell. I got in a few quality workouts and runs this week, although I did skip some of my workouts in favor of laying by the pool. This was just a stressful week between work and my move and some days I just needed to relax, so I did.
Week 5 breakdown:
- Monday 4/25/16: Long run, 8 miles. My friend Allison overslept so I did 4.25 miles on the treadmill and then she met for the other 3.75 miles outdoors!
- Tuesday 4/26/16: Planned: Yoga for runners. Actual: Rest
- Wednesday 4/27/16: Planned: Lower Body. Actual: Rest
- Thursday 4/28/16: Speed work: 15 minute warm up, 1:00 minute at effort level 8 alternating with 1:00 at effort level 4 x8, 10 minute cool down, 3.85 miles. Total body with personal trainer at Crunch.
- Friday 4/29/16: Planned: Non-impact cardio. Actual: Rest
- Saturday 4/30/16: Planned: Upperbody and Core. Actual: Rest
- Sunday 5/1/16: Kayaking, 4.5 miles
- Total Miles: 11.85 miles
This wasn’t the best week for following my plan, but my coach Jess told me to look on the positive side. I got in three quality workouts and I got to relax and enjoy the Florida Sunshine and beauty. Sadly my week ended with a broken toe. This pretty much ends my Echo Half Marathon training. I plan to participate in exercises that will not aggravate my toe and I am hoping it will be healed for the half. Only time will tell.
Help me stay fit this month by sharing some of your favorite non-impact workouts. Thanks!