This week I finally felt in my groove. I am finally feeling like my training is coming together and starting to pay off. I am happy for week 3 because after this week there is 16 weeks left until the marathon. I still have my good runs and bad runs, but overall each and every run has made me stronger.
My biggest issue during this training has been my sneakers. I have narrowed it down to two pairs-ASICS Metarun and ASICS GT-2000. Since I cannot get another pair of Meta-Run due to the fact they were a limited edition, limited release sneaker, I think the winner will be the GT-2000.
Here are last week’s workouts:
Monday 7/11/16: Recovery Run, 2 miles, 22:52, 11:25 min/mile avg. pace; Core; I did the run after work and it was hot. It was 99 degrees, but I survived.
Hot 2 mile recovery run today, best part was jumping In my pool after! #womensrunningcommmunity #runnersofinstagram #runningcommunity #WHStrong #racepacerunner #teamasics #teamasicsnycm #running #runchat #fitfluential #sweatpink #fitapproach #ffcheckin #run #tattooedrunner #tattoedrunnerchic #werunsocial #runners #training #tcsnycmarathon #marathontraining #nycmarathon #floridagirl #florida
- Tuesday 7/12/16: Rest.
- Wednesday 7/13/16: Easy Run, 3.46 miles, 43:05, 12:27 min/mile avg. pace; Core; It seems that morning runs in Florida are harder. The temperature may be cooler, but the humidity always feels worse. My husbands face in the picture below says it all.
- Thursday 7/14/16: Full body personal training session at CRUNCH Fitness.
- Friday 7/15/16: Rest.
- Saturday 7/16/16: Easy Run, 3.56 miles, 35:00, 9:50 min/mile avg. pace. I was supposed to run in the am before work with my husband but my legs were super sore from Thursday’s PT session. I touched base with my coach Jess and planned to run after work if my legs felt better, which they did. This run felt great and I even managed negative splits!
- Sunday 7/17/16: Long Run, 6 miles, 1:12:18, 12:03 min/mile avg. pace; Kayaking, 5.5 miles. I met my friend at 5:30 am Sunday morning for a long run and again it was rough. Humidity is killer in the early hours. My one instruction was to run the last mile the fastest, which I did!!!
It was a hard run, but having the company of a good friend made it better!!
Great run this am! 6 miles in the books! Always better with a friend! #racepacerunner #teamasics #teamasicsnycm #running #runchat #fitfluential #sweatpink #fitapproach #ffcheckin #run #tattooedrunner #tattoedrunnerchic #werunsocial #runners #training #tcsnycmarathon #marathontraining #nycmarathon #womensrunningcommmunity #runnersofinstagram #runningcommunity #WHStrong
A photo posted by Toni (@runninglovingliving) on
- Total Miles: 15:02 miles
- Total Marathon Training Miles: 35:02 miles
Overall a great week! Kayaking was a great ending to the week. My upper body could barely finish the 5.5 miles. It is definitely harder than you would think, but the tranquility of the springs made it well worth the effort!
How was your week?