This past week was a pretty good week for my runs at least. I felt great for most of my runs and only missed one because of my lower back, but considering I got in four quality runs I am okay with missing just one. Today’s long run sucked, but I got it got done and I didn’t die. I am so happy to have an array of running friends that can join me on almost all my runs because it just is more fun that way. I have not done yoga or strength training mostly due to my lower back, but I have to get back at it. Here’s how my week went down:
- Monday 8/22/16: Recovery Run: 4.3 miles, 52:40, avg. pace 12:15; This was supposed to be only a 3 mile recovery run, but my runner friend need four
- Tuesday 8/23/16: Rest. I was supposed to do yoga, but I didn’t. No real excuse just my back is not great so I skipped it.
- Wednesday 8/24/16: Easy Run: 4.24 Miles, 50:01, avg. pace 11:48. In Florida I like to run at 5 am, although it is a catch 22. You run at 5 am and it is humid with no sun or you run at 5 pm and it is hot and less humidity. Either way you are screwed. The Weather Channel app has a GoRun Forecast if you scroll all the way to the bottom and here in Florida it is almost always a 3, which means run later…… If I listened to this app I would never run. Today I could not find anyone to run at 5 am, but I found a daring friend to run at 6:30 pm so that is what we did and it was rough. The RunGo number was a 3. It was hard, but we survived!
- Thursday 8/25/16: Tempo Run: 5.2 miles, 1:02:35, avg. pace 12:02. Workout: 2 miles at effort level 4, 2 miles at effort level 7 and 1 mile at effort level 5. Splits:
- Friday 8/26/16: Rest.
- Saturday 8/27/16: Rest: Was supposed to do an easy run and yoga but my back did not cooperate.
- Sunday 8/28/16: Long Run: 15.5 miles, 3:19:07, avg. pace 12:51. To be totally honest this run sucked. From the moment that we stepped outside it felt like pea soup. Humidity be damned, we ran anyway. This run was super hard and my 16 miles turned into 15.5 miles. I am thankful for my long running friend Cathy, because without her I would have certainly quit after 5 miles.
Very rough long run! Last week was cake and this week was crap. It was super humid and just plain hard. Goal was 16 but I was done after 15.5. A big thanks to my friend Cathy whom without I would not have gone 15.5 today, it was just one of those runs, but I survived! Now I get to relax in my pool! #racepacerunner #teamasics #teamasicsnycm #running #runchat #fitfluential #sweatpink #fitapproach #ffcheckin #run #tattooedrunner #tattoedrunnerchic #werunsocial #runners #training #tcsnycmarathon #marathontraining #nycmarathon #hills #garmin #garminrunning #womensrunningcommmunity #runnersofinstagram #runningcommunity #WHStrong #sparkleskirts #lilytrotters #compression
- Miles: 29.14 miles
- Total Miles: 159.38 miles
Overall a great week. I will say that my right hip is bothering me and this is the hip that knocked me out of the marathon last year. The difference this year is that I am aware of my body and refuse to let this annoyance knock me. Thank goodness for my chiropractor and for me actually listening to my body.
How was your week?