So I was supposed to write this recap last night, but I actually fell asleep doing yoga. I mean fell asleep at the end of yoga, in child’s pose. I literally woke up face down with drool all over the mat, yes I drool. This was around 8:30 and I planned to get up, but I couldn’t, so I just crawled into bed and went to sleep.
Training is going well and I only missed one run last week due to my travels to Chicago. I had the amazing opportunity to visit the NOW Foods Headquarters with a bunch of other bloggers for their NOW Wellness Immersion. It was one amazing experience and I now love NOW Foods more than ever. I will be sharing the recaps of the trip and an amazing NOW Foods giveaway next week!!!!
Here is a little preview of all the products I am giving away next week from NOW Foods:
Now onto the recap of all my workouts from last week:
- Monday 7/25/16: Yoga. I was actually supposed to have a recovery run today too, but my shins were bothering my in the am so I discussed the situation with my coach Jess and we decided best to put off the run. This is big progress for me, actually listening to my body!
- Tuesday 7/26/16: 3 mile recovery run, 35:20, 11:46 min/mile avg. pace; Yoga. Does anyone use the Weather Channel app? At the very bottom they have a scale for running with 10 being the best time to run and 0 being the worst. I have to say it is always a 3 here! If I listened to the app and never ran when it wasn’t good, I would never run, so I have come to the conclusion that as long as it is 3 or above I will run!
If I actually listened to the weather channel app of when to run, I would never run. Every time I check it’s a 3, so I figure until it hits a 2 or 1, I am still running and yes, the higher number the better it is for running. #racepacerunner #teamasics #teamasicsnycm #running #runchat #fitfluential #sweatpink #fitapproach #ffcheckin #run #tattooedrunner #tattoedrunnerchic #werunsocial #runners #training #tcsnycmarathon #marathontraining #nycmarathon #garmin #garminrunning #womensrunningcommmunity #runnersofinstagram #runningcommunity #WHStrong
- Wednesday 7/27/16: Yoga.
- Thursday 7/28/16: Tempo Intervals: Warm-up-1 mile, tempo intervals-0.5 miles at effort 7 alternating with 0.25 miles at effort level 5 x 4, cool-down-10 minute walk, 56:01, 4.75 miles. Today was a travel day to Chicago. I arrived pretty early, 10:30 am Chicago time and I planned to run outside around the resort I was staying out but Mother Nature had other plans so I ended up on a treadmill.
- Friday 7/29/16: Yoga with NOW Foods.
- Saturday 7/30/16: Rest. I was way too tired to run or do anything after traveling.
- Sunday 7/31/16: Long Run, 10 miles, 1:56:13, 11:37 min/mile avg. pace. I felt good and excited to report my last couple of miles was my fastest. It was a big bonus to have my friend Allison join me because long runs can be very lonely. Pre-run I fueled with a banana and tea with milk. During the run I had figs stuffed with almond butter and salt. Post-run I have a honey stinger. I also had water every two miles or so. Overall, a great run!
- Total miles: 17.5 miles
- Total training miles: 69.1 miles
It was a great week!!! I am still recovering from flying to Chicago on Thursday and flying back home on Friday. I am definitely listening to my body this training cycle and it is working well for me!!!
How was your week? Have you ever fallen asleep doing yoga?