Last week didn’t start out the best. I felt like I was fighting off a cold the whole first half of the week. My throat was sore and I was achy. Thankfully it never developed into a full blown illness. By the end of the week I felt awesome and my 14 miler was a piece of cake!!! Despite some setbacks and bad runs, the 14 miler made me feel confident in my training and that I will actually finish the NYC Marathon this year!!
- Monday 8/15/16: Rest Day.
- Tuesday 8/16/16: Easy Run, 30:08, 2.54 miles, 11:52 avg. pace. This was supposed to be a 60 minute run, but I just wasn’t feeling great so I decided to cut my losses after 30 minutes.
- Wednesday 8/17/16: Rest Day.
- Thursday 8/18/16: Hills, 59:27, 4 miles, 12:01 avg. pace. Workout: 0.60 mile warm-up, uphill for 0.20 miles at effort level 6 alternating with downhill at effort level 4 x7, 0.60 mile cool-down. This was another rough run. I really just wasn’t feeling great, but with two friends expecting me I went anyway, especialy considering they were only starting at 5:15 am for me. I will admit that I did feel great after!
- Friday 8/19/16: Kickboxing. Have I told you how much I love kickboxing?
- Saturday 8/20/16: Easy Run, 44:55, 4 miles, 11:13 avg. pace. I ended up running solo for this run. I woke up late and kept checking the weather running score hoping with would go up, but when 3:30pm hit and the score was a three with no hopes of improving I headed out for a run anyway. I will say that run run score is almost always a three with the exception of the middle of the night hours. I do like having one solo run a week.
- Sunday 8/21/16: Long run, 14 miles, 2:48:14, 12:01 avg. pace. I met my friend Allison and a new friend, Cathy for this run. We had it all planned out and then when we got to the trail it was closed. Why?? Because we got there before sunrise. We ended up parking in a Winn Dixie parking lot and running on the street until the sun started to rise and we could safely head onto the trail. Other than that little snafu it was a great run!!! And as a bonus I now have a new long running buddy!
- Miles: 24.54 miles
- Total Miles: 130.24 miles
And there goes another week into the marathon training books. I am very blessed to have so many running friends here that help make my training runs much easier, especially the longs ones. I did totally slack on yoga this week and I have to get back to it, but overall a great week!
How was your week?