Week 2 did not turn out exactly the way I planned. After last Sunday’s long run I woke up Monday with sore and swollen right ankle. Honestly I am really not sure what happened or why it swelled up. I did slightly roll my ankle during a run earlier in the week, but there was no indication of an injury at that time.
So, I do what I do best, I rest. I sat out of training this week with the exception of yoga and a long bike ride. I did continue to coach my friend Arleen and even held my first track workout, which went better than expected. I am finally feeling better and will start running again later in the week.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Monday 11/28/16: Yoga; I use YouTube for all the yoga I practice, it’s easy to access, free and has a big selection. I particularly like Yoga with Adriene.
- Tuesday 11/29/16: Yoga
- Wednesday 11/30/16: Yoga
- Thursday 12/1/16: Yoga plus coached the track workout. I wanted to run, but I couldn’t…..so if you can’t run, you coach…..very satisfying alternative, especially when your runners meet their mark!
[Tweet “”When You Can’t Run….You Coach”- @tonee78]
- Friday 12/2/16: Yoga
- Saturday 12/3/16: Yoga
- Sunday 12/4/16: 10.3 mile bike ride, yoga;
Ankle is better but not well enough to run so I biked! 10 awesome miles! We even stopped at @wawa to get our free coffee, the only caveat was carrying back home while biking. I actually took a spill and fell off the bike, thankfully no injuries and I saved my coffee!!! I think I would have been madder if my coffee spilled than if I got hurt….lol #injuredrunner #garminrunning #biking #cycling
- Total miles: 0
- Total Training: 18.47 miles
Not running makes me crazy, but I have made some progress with my yoga which makes me happy. I can do a Chaturanga on my knees, but I can do it, which is progress.
I am going to try out writing my monthly goals out and when better to start than December?!?
- Practice Yoga at least 25 days
- Perform a warm-up and cool-down with each run to prevent injuries
- Follow my training plan for the Key West Half
- Eat 5 serving of fruit/veggies daily
I don’t have many because it is the holidays and I know I will be overindulging at the end of the month.
How was your week and what are your December goals?