The Echo Half left me excited. It left me knowing that I can achieve my time goal in January. It left me with confidence. This week I took as a rest week. Not that I actually rested, but I didn’t start any official training for the San Francisco Half, that training began on 6/12/17. I kind of just rode the high of Echo and enjoyed this past week.
- Monday 6/5/17: Yoga.
- Tuesday 6/6/17: Body Back
- Wednesday 6/7/17: 3 miles, 38:29, 12:48 avg. pace; Emily Skye F.I.T. HIIT Circuit and Abs blast. This was a fairly slow 3 mile run, but my friend Allison and I were taking lots of pictures for the #RunChatHunt Like this one (I needed a body of water):
- Thursday 6/8/17: Body Back; Pub Run-3.1 miles, 25:47, 8:19 avg. pace. This was an awesome run. My last mile was 7:26. I mean I rarely hold pace in the 7’s, but I did during this run and it actually didn’t feel as hard as I thought it would!!!!
The worst part of the run was at the end when I took my post run selfie and discovered tons of dead gnats all over my face….yuck. It was worth it for a 7:26 mile.
- Friday 6/9/17: Kickboxing; Yoga.
- Saturday 6/10/17: Long Run, 5.2 miles total-2 mile warm-up, 18:50, 9:24 avg. pace and 3.2 mile run, 29:28, 9:12 avg. Fitniche had an event at their store with a local podiatrist and a local running coach, so I ran to Fitniche and then ran the fun run. After the fun run we enjo9yed bagels and coffee, while listening to tips regarding training and form. Overall, it was a great event.
- Sunday 6/11/17: Emily Skye F.I.T. HIIT Circuit.
- Total Miles: 11.3 miles
Overall an awesome week. It was nice to take a break from officially training. I even enjoyed a fun filled weekend with date night at the Riverwalk in downtown Tampa on Saturday and a Greek Festival at the Sponge Docks on Sunday.
How was your week?