This turned out to be a pretty great week. It wasn’t the easiest with my husband away at the beginning of the week for business and then us leaving for our trip to California Friday afternoon, but I managed to get all my workouts in even with the chaos!
- Monday 7/10/17: Kickboxing; Emily Skye Lower Body Workout.
- Tuesday 7/11/17: Body Back plus 1.32 mile run @ 10:10 avg. pace; Bosu Ball Abs video. I loved this body Back workout!! It was tough. I also love the supportive group of women that attend these workouts. I don’t think Tuesday and Thursday mornings would be the same without them!
Later in the afternoon my friend Allison helped me shoot my Bosu Ball Abs Circuit video that I created for my partnership with Quest Nutrition. Their new Beyond Cereal Protein Bars are amazing—>>> https://ooh.li/5561159 (#ad)
- Wednesday 7/12/17: Hill Training, 4 miles @ 8:16/avg. pace and 1 mile cool down @ 9:11/pace. So I definitely have this issue with taking it easy. I say I am going to run easy and then I don’t. My competitive side, which is only with myself, wants to go faster and faster, but I know that it is not good for my body to go all out all the time. I am slowly learning how to run easy. My cool-down was easy, that counts for something right?!?! The bet thing about hill training is the group of women that come to them at 5 am. No matter what pace you run you will always have company!
- Thursday 7/13/17: Body Back; Emily Skye Lower body workout with abs.
- Friday 7/14/17: Long Run, 6 miles, 8:51 avg. pace. I definitely struggled with this run. It was so wet outside it was ridiculous. By mile three I had t take my shirt off because it was so soaked it was actually weighing me down. I also couldn’t put my sunglasses on all because they just would not defog. This left me with a shirt and sunglasses attached to my flipbelt for the last three miles and it was annoying AF. On a bright note, I survived and my ace wasn’t too bad considering.
- Saturday 7/15/17: California Running-Holy Fu%$ing Hills, 3 miles, 8:16 avg. pace; Body Back Mini Rounds Workout #1. Umm, these hills were rough. Hills like these do not exist in Florida. My elevation gain on this run was 813 feet. If you compare that to my “hill” training (which is really overpass training) in Florida it is like night and day. My hill training in Florida does not even register an elevation change. On a positive note I could actually breathe. The air was cool and dry!!!
- Sunday 7/16/17: “Hill of Death”, 3 miles, 9:22 avg. pace; Body Back Mini Rounds Workout #2. I thought the hills on Saturday were hard, but this one was crazy. Basically you just ran down for a mile and the hill just took you. I was running in the 7’s going down. It was scary, because it was hard to slow down at all. I felt like at any moment I may trip and fall flat on my face, thankfully it didn’t happen. When I got to the bottom I was a little nervous about how we were going to actually run back up. I did manage to run the whole way up, with a couple of breaks while I waited for Chris. How I managed a 9:22 average pace is beyond me.
- Miles: 17.32 miles
- Total Training Miles: 90.76 miles
Despite the many hills I am loving California running. The air and the scenery is just so gorgeous. I guess everywhere has good and bad points, but I plan to enjoy all of California’s good points while I am here!!!!
Sunday I run the San Francisco Half. I didn’t have any goals for this race because I just wanted to enjoy it and take pictures, but now I am debating running with a pace group. I was thinking of attempting to start with the with 1:55 or 2:00 pacers, but I am not sure I want to put that pressure on myself. I guess we will see what the day brings.
How was your week?