Training for Cocoa Beach is coming along great! I think this may be the best I have ever felt while training for a race. I really attribute this more to cross training and weight training rather than the actual running. The Florida heat has been rough, but I am just pushing through. All my runs are outdoors. I don’t care how hot it is, I refuse to run a treadmill. The only weather I do not run in is thunder storms with lightening. In Florida if you wait a half an hour the weather will change. The actual best time to run here is right after a storm hits, because it is usually cooler for a little while.
- Monday 7/31/17: Kickboxing; Emily Skye Lower Body. My husband and I have been working out in this hot garage all Summer and we didn’t die.
- Tuesday 8/1/17: Scheduled: Tempo Run. Actual: 3 miles, avg. pace: 8:10, 0.65 miles, avg. pace: 13:03, 0.55 miles, avg. pace: 10:00; Body Back. Since I knew I couldn’t run in the afternoon today because we were going to the Nickelback/Daughtry concert, I got up super early and met my friend Allison to run before Body Back.
- Wednesday 8/2/17: Emily Skye Abs, SSSC #2.
- Thursday 8/3/17: Interval run: 3.69 miles, avg. pace 8:57; Body Back with 1.11 mile run, avg. pace: 9:04.
- Friday 8/4/17: Kickboxing. I recruited one of my co-workers to 9round! It is such a great workout and only takes 30 minutes.
- Saturday 8/5/17: Long Run, trails, 8 miles, avg. pace: 10:26. I ran my long run with Chris and Allison. It was actually my husband’s longest run to date-6.55 miles. The trails were great and we took a few cool ictures, but the bugs were annoying. I will say that I made a homemade horsefly spray with some white vinegar, NOW FOODS Liquid Coconut oil, NOW FOODS tea tree oil, NOW FOODS Citronella oil, NOW FOODS lemon oil and a dash of dish soap and it worked!. These horseflies came close, but never bit or attacked us. I’d say that is a win! Check out the full recipe I used here. I modified it slightly.
(Disclosure: As a compensated NOW Foods Influencer I receive their products monthly, all opinions are my own).
- Sunday 8/6/17: Circuit Run, 3.54 miles, avg. pace: 11:37.
- Miles: 20.54 miles
- Total Training Miles: 58.82 miles
A great week for sure! On Tuesday Chris and I went to see Daughtry and Nickelback at the Amphitheater at the Florida State Fairgrounds. Thankfully, it was a pretty decent night with a good breeze. I love Daughtry and can’t believe it has been 12 years since he has been on American Idol. I feel old. I ran into my friend Diane, we happened to be sitting in the same section…..I found her because she posted on Facebook.
Daughtry was great, but Nickelback was awesome! They put on a pretty amazing show and I would definitely see them again!
How was your week?