I was a little concerned about this week would play out with my training, because Chris and I were doing a 3-day juice cleanse that started on Monday-Juice from the Raw.
You get six juices to drink a day. We actually did this cleanse last year and it wasn’t so bad, but I was much less active. You are a allowed one vegetable a day, so we had a salad with a little oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Surprisingly, I felt pretty good on the cleanse. It was almost too hard to finish the last juice of the night. Although, by Wednesday, my workouts definitely suffered. I was feeling pretty exhausted, pretty quickly, but I survived! I am not usually a fan of cleanses, but I do like this one.
- Monday 8/7/17: Kickboxing; Biking 6.13 miles. I forgot to bring sneakers with my to work so I ended having to do kickboxing in my nursing clogs. Thankfully, the trainers there have their shit together and gave me modifications for the exercises I couldn’t perform with them. I still got a kick ass workout!
- Tuesday 8/8/17: Body Back stair workout with 1.08 miles of running; Tempo Run: 1 mile W/U, 2 miles Tempo, 1 mile C/D, 4.01 miles, 8:41 avg. pace. I definitely have to work on evening out my Tempo paces……
- Wednesday 8/9/17: Hills, 3 miles, 24:01, avg. pace 8:09; Kickboxing. I love running hills. I mean if you can call our overpass a hill, but it is the best option we have. I also love meeting up with the Moms Run This Town Tampa ladies. It is nice to know you always have a running friend available!!!
- Thursday 8/10/17: Emily Skye Abs; Rowing, 1.4 miles.
- Friday 8/11/17: 5 miles, 44:13, avg. pace 8:50. This was my first early morning solo run in awhile. I get a little nervous running by myself in the dark, but I stayed in my neighborhood and felt pretty good. I ran early because I was going out with the ladies for my friend Carrie’s birthday. We headed to Top Golf at her request. It was fun!!! I have never picked up a golf club except for miniature golf and I did get many people telling me that my form was off (What I don’t look perfect??? I think I look like I am going to kill someone actually.)
After we finished hitting the golf ball (I lost), we headed up to the main floor to hang out.
- Saturday 8/12/17: Emily Skye Lower Body; Rowing, 1.02 miles. I work out in my garage at least 5 days a week and my favorite cross training is my rower. I usually will do an Emily Skye daily work out and during the rest I row for a minute to a minute and a half. Abby decided to join me in today’s workout too!
Saturday night Chris and I headed back to Noble Crust! This is definitely the nest restaurant right now in Wesley Chapel. SO far every single thing that we have had here has been delicious and if you live in the area I highly recommend checking it out!.
- Sunday 8/13/17: Long Run, 10 miles, avg. pace 9:41; Biking 6.25 miles. My friend Allison and I headed to the Upper Tampa Bay Trail for our long run on Sunday. I had invited the MRTT ladies and we were supposed to meet two other ladies. Well, it ended up being only one, because the other lady ended up at a different Dunkin & Winn Dixie parking lot She was too far for us to wait, so the three of us headed out onto the trail.
Allison and Bri both had 8 miles and I had 10. The best part of this trail is that they have water and we can all run at our own pace without worrying about losing each other. Bri and I ran together for her entire 8 miles. I headed out for another two when we parted at the start. Ironically enough, Allison and I both ended up back at the start at the same time, so it worked out perfectly. Another successful meet up via the MRTT Tampa group!
- Miles: 23.09 miles
- Total Training Miles: 81.91 miles
This week was definitely an A++! I felt great and completed all my training runs without any issues! I think I said the same thing last week, but my runs have never been better! I am so excited to see where this training will bring me. I am shooting for a 1:50 half or at the very least a PR (less than 1:54) at Cocoa Beach. My average pace for the race will need to be 8:23/mile to hit 1:50. Is it doable? Only time will tell.
How was your week?