This week’s recap is a little late, but better late than never, right??
- Monday 8/14/17: Emily Skye Circuit & Ab workout; Cycling 6 miles. Allison and I have been meeting on Monday mornings in my garage to lift weights. It’s a great way to start the week!
- Tuesday 8/15/17: Body Back; 3 miles, 8:16 avg. pace. Since I had Body Back in the am I am left with running in the afternoon in the terrible heat. Technically an easy run, but I am not sure any run is truly easy in the afternoon in Florida during the Summer.
- Wednesday 8/16/17: Rest. A day of total rest, this is a rarity, but much needed.
- Thursday 8/17/17: Body Back; Pub Run, 3.1 miles, 7:59 avg. pace. I planned to run the Pub Run easy, but then they said there was free beer at the end…….
Sooooo I ran the @fitnichewiregrass pub run & the plan was too run easy, but then they said free beer at the end……soooo while this was not necessarily easy, it wasn’t super hard either. I don’t know? Free beer makes everything seem easier lol! #noexcuses #fitnichewiregrass #fitniche #garminrunner #tattooedrunner #cocoabeachhalfmarathon #training #runchat #sweatpink
- Friday 8/19/17: 4 miles, 8:30 avg. pace. My friend Sarah from The Moms Run This Town Tampa group put out a plea for someone to run with her at 5 am and I answered her plea. The only concern I had was that it needed to be an “easy” run and neither of us really know what easy is….lol. Well, I wouldn’t call it easy, but it wasn’t terribly hard either and I had great company!
Friday night Chris and I headed out to Noble Crust again…..my new favorite restaurant. After dinner at Noble Crust we headed over to Irish 31. Lucky for us they were debuting their Irish 31 Whiskey and we ended up getting free whiskey shots, free drinks and I won a shirt!!!! It was a fun night.
- Saturday 8/20/17: 100’s workout. Saturday I actually worked all day learning the computer program for homecare. After I got out I needed to exercise. I “borrowed” the Body Back 100’s workout, added squats and conned my husband into doing it with me. It was a rough one and I timed it for the sole reason of being able to go back to it in the future and beat that time. My husband thinks I timed it just to show I could beat him.
- Sunday 8/21/17: Long run, 12 miles, 9:08 avg. pace. Chris and I set out together on our long runs. Mine was 12 miles, his 8 miles.
We started together briefly and then I ran ahead, not my fault my easy pace is now his fast pace. Every so often I would run back to see him and give him water. Overall it was a great run, but it was oh so hot. I was literally drenched from head to toe.
My go to fuel for my long runs have been a honey stinger and tea with a drop of milk. This has really been working for me!!!!
- Miles: 20.1 miles
- Total Training Miles: 101.92 miles
Overall it was an awesome week! My only complaint would be was that my gait was off during my long run on Sunday. I could feel and knew I had waited too long in between my chiropractor appointment. So I knew I would need an appointment so he could adjust me. Otherwise all my running has just been great!
How was your week?