I am definitely glad this week is over. School’s were closed the entire week due to Irma and in addition to Abby being off, I had off from work. Now, for any other reason I would have loved a week off, but not for this reason. I am not complaining. I am very lucky that Tampa was spared and my heart goes out to everyone who was affected by this storm more than me, but I was definitely physically and mentally exhausted this week from Irma. I adjusted my workouts, I listened to my body and I rested when I needed. Week 9 is in the books, thankfully.
- Monday 9/11/17: Emily Skye Abs. We came back from Orlando early this morning, actually left during the curfew, but I wanted to go home. Chris and I ended up reorganizing our entire garage, after we put out all our outdoor furniture back. Overall, it was a pretty productive day and so much more room to workout now!
- Tuesday 9/12/17: Body Back with 1.5 miles, avg. pace: 9:20; Emily Skye HIIT Circuit. Cheryl, Allison and I have been meeting for “Body Back”, even when it was cancelled! I love these ladies!
- Wednesday 9/13/17: Hills, 6 miles, avg. pace: 8:11. 6 miles under 50 minutes, who am I??? This was while feeling blah, completely down. I texted my friend Allison how I felt and she’s like, well on the 13th last month you said the same thing. Guess my hormonal fluctuations are pretty regular….
- Thursday 9/14/17: Body back; Cycling, 5.34 miles. I was exhausted today. Mentally and physically. I went biking, but wasn’t really feeling it and of course my tire blew out about 2 miles away from home. I walked my bike to the bike store, thankfully it was on the way home, and then I walked my ass home in the rain.
- Friday 9/15/17: Emily Skye Upper Body.
- Saturday 9/16/17: 6 miles, avg. pace: 8:43; 0.53 miles, avg. pace: 9:51. I have been getting texts from One Blood that they needed donations post Irma, so I decided to donate today. Chris and I also had our weekly date night at Ulele! I love this restaurant! If you live in Tampa, you should definitely check it out.
- Sunday 9/17/17: 7 miles, avg. pace: 8:45; 3.20 miles, avg. pace: 9:15. This am I hung out with the Moms Run This Town Tampa ladies. We ran 7 miles, grabbed breakfast and coffee, and then ran another 3.2 miles. It was a great morning!!! This little guy below even hitched a ride to the run on my mirror.
- Miles: 24.23 miles
- Total Training Miles: 179.28 miles
Not an awful week. Six weeks left to the Cocoa Beach Half. 1:50:00 here I come……I hope…..
How was your week?