This week I thought I was injured. After the Dusty Rail Rally 5K last week I was pretty much out of commission. I felt absolutely fine during the race, but after my left hip/thigh was definitely bothering me. I talked with my coach, Jess, and we decided that I should rest from running until at least Wednesday, which eventually got pushed until Friday. Friday’s run went well, but after I was sore again. I basically lost all hope and figured my running was going to be put on hold until Cocoa Beach and then a miracle happened Saturday……….I woke up with no pain. I decided to give running another try on Sunday and it was a success!!!!! So I am officially back in the game.
Here’s how last week went down, you didn’t think I would totally rest, did you?
- Monday 10/9/17: Band/Core Work; Cycling 6.13 miles. No running equals cycling. I love cycling with Chris, but we did get caught in a pretty bad rain storm this time. I don’t really mind getting wet as long as it is warm, which it was…..
- Tuesday 10/10/17: Body Back; Cycling, 5.3 miles.
- Wednesday 10/11/17: Rest. I actually rested today. I know, hard to believe. I even headed out with the hubby and friends for Trivia Night at a local bar. We even came in third!!!!
- Thursday 10/12/17: Body Back; Kickboxing.
- Friday 10/13/17: Easy Run, 2 miles, avg. pace 9:48/mile; Upper body workout. I begged Chris to run with me at 5:30 am so I wouldn’t have to run alone and he did, unfortunately I still felt super sore even after these slower 2 miles.
- Saturday 10/14/17: Upper Body workout. This was also Abby’s 9th Birthday!!! I want her to stay 9 forever. She had a great party and I made her promise to stay 9 forever.
- Sunday 10/15/17: Easy Run, 5.15 miles, avg. pace 10:29/mile.
- Miles: 7.15 miles
- Total Cocoa Beach Training Miles: 240.44 miles
- Total Naples Training Miles: 20.7 miles
I did foam roll every single day!!!! I have made it a part of my daily morning routine. I know this has made a difference. I also got a full body massage this week at my chiropractor’s office and that cant hurt, right?? All I know is that Sunday’s run was great and my pain is pretty much gone. I do still have some tightness on that side, but foam rolling and stretching has helped.
Cocoa Beach, here we come!!! I still have my A, B and C goals, but I am leaning toward my C goal. I don’t want to kill myself at Cocoa Beach, because Naples is my big goal. Cocoa Beach I plan to have fun and enjoy it!!!! Some races are for goals and some races are for having fun. I may even run with Chris……who I am kidding??? He runs way too slow for me.
How was your week?