Still nursing my sore right thigh, this week was a low mileage (taper) week. Due to this thigh/hip issue I have had to reevaluate my Cocoa Beach Half Marathon goals. Here are my new goals for Cocoa:
- Goal A: PR (less than 1:54:36)
- Goal B: Under 2 hours
- Goal C: Enjoy the race and have fun
I think considering I don’t want to push myself too hard that these are reasonable goals. My big race is going to be Naples in January and that is the one I am looking towards. I don’t want to kill myself at Cocoa only to screw up Naples.
- Monday 10/16/17: Foam rolling; Kickboxing; Cycling, 6.38 miles. I was told that 7 cycles was the most that anyone performed that day. Someone apparently matched me, but no one beat me. Considering I was there at 6am I’d say that’s pretty good! Plus, I won their facebook raffle, a new workout towel!!!
- Tuesday 10/17/17: Foam rolling; Kickboxing. I was supposed to run 5 miles this am, but lightening put a squash on that……rain is no big deal anymore, but the potential for getting electrocuted kind of makes running a no go.
- Wednesday 10/18/17: Foam rolling; Hills, 5.08 miles, avg. pace 8:34.
- Thursday 10/19/17: Easy run, 3 miles, avg. pace 8:25; Body Back with 0.75 miles running, avg. pace 9:24; Foam rolling. I woke up at the crack ass of dawn to run before Body Back. I didn’t want to run after work so I had no choice.
- Friday 10/20/17: Core; Mini band workout; Foam rolling; Cycling 6.14 miles.
- Saturday 10/21/17: Foam rolling; Long run, 6 miles, avg. pace 8:48; Emily Skye upper body. Last long run before the Cocoa Beach Half. I ran a conservative 6 miles and Chris ran 8 (his longest ever).
- Sunday 10/22/17: Foam rolling; Yoga for Runners. I even recruited Chris and Abby to join me. Chris definitely needs some flexibility training!
- Miles: 12.83 miles
- Total Cocoa Beach Training Miles: 253.27 miles
- Total Naples Training Miles: 32.84 miles
Overall a good week. Definitely in taper mode, which is hard. Resting and not exercising as much as I have been is hard. Who has an issue with rest days??? This girl. I am definitely getting better though.
How was your week?