So this past week officially started my training for the Naples Half. The training overlaps with my Cocoa Beach training for a few weeks. This past week also marks my first week back training with my coach Jess. This was both a good week and a bad week. The bad part was that my left thigh/hip has been bothering me. I have seen my chiropractor and gotten cryotherapy for the issue, both helped, but not enough. The good part was that I won the second place overall female award at the Dusty Rail Rally 5K on Saturday. Full recap to come soon.
- Monday 10/2/17: Kickboxing; Cycling, 6.26 miles; Emily Skye glute workout.
- Tuesday 10/3/17: Easy Run, 4.19 miles, avg. pace 10:08; Emily Skye Upper Body and mini band workout.
- Wednesday 10/4/17: Hills, 6.26 miles, avg. pace 8:25. My garmin registered a new personal record for a 10K during my bridge work!!!
- Thursday 10/5/17: Body Back. This workout was rough. I realized later in the day I was getting a migraine nad that is why the workout was so hard.
- Friday 10/6/17: Yoga.
- Saturday 10/7/17: Dusty Rail Rally 5K, 23:52, avg. pace 7:39 miles. Not only did I blow my 5K PR out of the water (25:11 from 2012), I won 2nd place female overall!!!!! Full recap to come!
Not only did I PR, I won second place overall female! It’s funny because when I was talking to the race director and his wife (who I run with) at the last pub run they were like are you going to try for a spike? My answer was I do not run that fast. Spikes are for the top three overall winners and then there are handcrafted crosses for the age group winners. I was shooting for an age group award. Moral of the story-never underestimate yourself or your abilities!!!!!!! …. #dustyrailrally5k #5k #pr #beunstoppable #sockflock #unstoppablewomen #lillytrotters #runner #runchat #training #cocoabeachhalfmarathon #napleshalfmarathon #garminrunner #sweatpink
- Sunday 10/8/17: Emily Skye Upper body & core. My right thigh/hip was hurting this am. I took off from running, but still worked in an easier workout. Here’s hoping a few days of rest will make this thigh/hip thing go away.
- Miles: 13.55 miles
- Total Cocoa Beach Training Miles: 233.29 miles
- Total Naples Training Miles: 13.55 miles
Definitely not a high mileage week, but overall it was great. I mean winning second female overall at a race pretty much made my week. My plan is to rest for a few days and keep my fingers crossed this hip/thigh thing subsides.
How was your week?