Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Amazing Grass via Fitapproach. All opinions are 100% of my own.
For the past few weeks I have been having bouts of feeling extremely achy and tired. It’s not everyday, but it is often enough that I had to take a good, hard look at my exercise regimen. I pretty much knew I was on the verge of overtraining and I needed to fix that immediately, before I got injured. I hired Jess as my running coach again to help me take all my workouts plus running and put it all together so I can continue training without overtraining.
The first step to working with Jess was to tell her about all my current workout regimen and what I was willing to give up, which was nothing. Here is what I was doing every week:
- Running 3-5 x a week
- Kickboxing 2-3 x a week
- Body Back 2 x a week
- Emily Skye strength training 3-4 x a week
- Yoga 1-2 x a week
- Biking 1-2 x a week
Listing out everything I do on a weekly basis really put into perspective the fact that I do too much. Plus, I rarely take a full day just to recuperate and rest. Any wonder why I have been feeling tired and achy?
I have done a few things to correct this situation:
- I hired Jess to take control of my running/workout schedule. I have some big goals and if I continued on my current path I would have ended up either injured or just completely burned out-these are not options.
- Continuing on my current supplement regimen. Focusing on including BCAAs after every workout.
- Adding in Amazing Grass Effervescent Tablets to my daily regimen. My diet overall is good, but adding an extra serving of veggies and vitamins can’t hurt, right?
- Resting. Surprisingly enough this is the hardest for me to accomplish. I had gotten used to exercising once, sometimes twice a day. When I have nothing on my schedule or I am free in the afternoon I almost don’t know what to do with myself. Also, in the back of my mind I feel like if I cut back on what I am doing I am going to gain all the weight I have lost back. I know this is not true and I have been cutting back for two weeks now, guess what? My weight is the same.
I am loving Amazing Grass’s Effervescent tablets! I have been regularly including these tablets in my daily diet for about a month now. I actually use them in the afternoon for an energy boost rather than my usual dose of coffee. This addition has helped me reduce my caffeine intake incredibly which has subsequently resulted in better sleep and crazy enough, more energy overall.
Each effervescent tablet combines alkalizing farm fresh greens, over 30 antioxidant superfoods and B vitamins. They support energy, immunity and are even gluten free! One tablet adds 1 full serving of greens and veggies to my day. I have tried both the Berry and Lemon-Lime Flavors and both taste great!!!!!
Head on over to AmazingGrass.com and use the code SweatPink2017 for 40% off your order. You can also check out my giveaway below:
Have you tried Amazing Grass? How do you keep your energy levels up?