This week was essentially a rest week. I had been nursing a sore thigh so this was definitely the best approach right before my half. Although, when I saw my training schedule I actually got anxiety because it was so light. It’s hard to explain, but I feel like if I don’t do everything I am used to doing I am going to end up back where I was a year ago. Logically I know that this is not true and I definitely need to learn how to rest, but my brain just thinks I will lose all my gains by resting. I conferenced with Jess and she talked me down. A “rest” week it was and I was not going to let myself go crazy.
- Monday 10/23/17: Rest.
- Tuesday 10/24/17: Easy Run, 3 miles, avg. pace: 9:28; Emily Skye Core; Mini Band Work.
- Wednesday 10/25/17: Rest. This was my last day of work at school health and a few of the ladies took my out to a local restaurant, Noble Crust. We had a great dinner and although I am happy about my new job, I am sad to leave these wonderful women.
- Thursday 10/26/17: Easy Run, 3 miles, avg. pace: 7:56; Cycling, 6.8 miles. Apparently 49 degrees agrees with me. My easy pace consisted of all under 8 minute miles, hopefully Naples will be cold!
- Friday 10/27/17: Cycling, 6.16 miles; Core work.
- Saturday 10/28/17: Rest.
- Sunday 10/29/17: Cocoa Beach Half Marathon, 13.1 miles, 1:51:34, PR!!!!!! Full recap to come.
- Total Miles: 19.1 miles
- Total Cocoa Beach Miles: 272.37 miles
- Total Naples Training Miles: 51.94 miles
The rest definitely paid off. While the race was hard, my legs were fresh!!! I scored a 3:02 minute PR too!!! My husband also finished his first half and he is not adverse to running another……
How was your week?