With the holiday this was a busy short week. I battled some migraines due to my period and just an overall shitty feeling. I did what I could and that is good enough.
- Monday 11/20/17: Emily Skye Upper Body.
- Tuesday 11/21/17: Easy Run, 3.01 miles, avg. pace 8:43
- Wednesday 11/22/17: Emily Skye Lower Body.
- Thursday 11/23/17: THANKSGIVING! Long Run (included 6 .01 miles with the MRTT ladies, 1.49 mile warm-up before the turkey trot and a 3.10 mile turkey trot). Thanksgiving 2017 started at 5 am with my favorite MRTT (Moms Run This Town) ladies! I ran 6 miles with them at an 8:56 avg. pace. After the 6 miles we had Mimosas in the Chili’s parking lot to celebrate! We are definitely making this a yearly event. So thankful for these ladies. After mimosas I headed home, grabbed a honey stinger and ran 1.5 miles to the Wiregrass Wobble 5K at an 8:38 avg. pace. I met the other MRTT ladies for a pic, then met up with my friends Allison and Carrie and then Chris met up with us too. My plan for the race was to take it easy and I did somewhat……I ended up running the 5K in 24:18 at a 7:49 avg. pace. I will admit it was faster than I should have been, but it was not all out…….I had room for more!!!!
After all the running I spent the day at home with my family and food from Publix. I will tell you that the Publix food was amazing! Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy and some Marshmallow dessert for $44! Best deal and so easy for Thanksgiving.
- Friday 11/24/17: Rest. Plus, date night! We headed to dinner and dancing. So fun!!! Plus, I loved my dress that Chris bought me from Express.
- Saturday 11/25/17: Rest
- Sunday 11/26/17: Long Run, 6.2 miles.
Some days we have to do the things we love just for the sake of remembering why we love them. No goals. No pressure. No Garmin. No music. Just freedom. Just running. . Today that is just what I did. I ran “naked”. I settled into an easy pace for the first mile then kicked up a bit for the mid miles and then ended with an easy mile. . 6.2 perfect solo miles. . #beunstoppable #tampamrtt #racepacerunner #runchat #runner #unstoppablewoman
- Total Miles: 19.61 miles
- Total Training Miles: 115.22 milesThis week was rough. I felt shitty most of the week. I missed most of my workouts, with the exception of running, My running itself was pretty good and I am happy to report that I have no more hip pain. I recently switched from the Hoka Ariah to a pair of sneakers Under Armour sent me, the Bandit 3. Slowly, but surely, since wearing the Bandits my hip has gotten better. Thanks Under Armour!
Less than 8 weeks to go until Naples and I am so ready to crush my goal. Nothing, and I mean nothing, nis going to stand in my way.
How was your week?