Week 6 Recap:
- Monday 11/6/17: Kickboxing; Core and glute work.
After work I hit Cry-X for my freeze therapy. I absolutely love this place. I love the therapy and I love the owners. If you live in the Tampa area you need to check them out, tell them I sent you!
- Tuesday 11/7/17: Rest.
- Wednesday 11/8/17: Kickboxing; Emily Skye Lower body.
- Thursday 11/9/17: Pickups, 4.36 miles; Body Back.
- Friday 11/10/17: Yoga
- Saturday 11/11/17: Long Run, 5.07 miles, avg. pace: 8:08 plus 2 miles, avg. pace: 9:30. This long run was off. I felt good until about 4.5 miles in and then my right hip really started bothering me. I walked a little and then decided to start the cool down earlier. It is what it is.
Long run. Was supposed to run 8, managed 5 at an effort level 7 and 2 at an effort level 4. Planned was 6 at effort level 7 and 2 at effort level 6, but it just wasn’t my day and my right hip was not having it. I am bummed, but listening to my body is always best. #racepacerunner #runner #somerunssuck #beunstoppable #unstoppablewoman #runchat
We hit the seafood festival in Tarpon Springs in the afternoon. I love the Sponge Docks and I love seafood.
- Sunday 11/12/17: Emily Skye Lower body and upper body.
- Miles: 11.43 miles
- Total Training Miles: 73.37 miles
Week 7 Recap:
- Monday 11/13/17: Kickboxing; Emily Skye lower body.
- Tuesday 11/14/17: Easy Run, 5.01 miles, avg. pace 8:52; Emily Skye upper body; Glute band work.
- Wednesday 11/15/17: Hills, 6.2 miles, avg. pace 8:52.
- Thursday 11/16/17: Body Back; Glute band work.
- Friday 11/17/17: Kickboxing; Easy Run, 3.02 miles, avg. pace 8:08.
- Saturday 11/18/17: Long Run, 8.01 miles, avg. pace 9:06.
- Sunday 11/19/17: Foam roll and glute band work.
- Miles: 22.24 miles
- Total Training Miles: 95,61 miles
In week 7 I started wearing new sneakers, Under Armour Bandits. So far, so good. My hip is still sore, but not as painful as when I was wearing the Hoka sneakers. I am headed to the chiropractor and to Cry-X early this week for recovery. I have also been foam rolling every single day since October. I am looking toward Naples and I can see the 1:45 half I am going to run.
Are you training for any races?