Where did the last three weeks go? Apparently I have not recapped my training in awhile. I think maybe it’s more mental. I have been having some hip/leg/knee issues since Mount Dora, pretty sure my ITB angry IT. So I have not felt like recapping, but I am going to now!
- Monday 12/18/17: Rest.
- Tuesday 12/19/17: Easy Run, 5 miles, avg: pace 9:13; Strength, upper body.
- Wednesday 12/20/17: Rest.
- Easy run, 2.28 miles, avg. pace 9:28. I was supposed to run 3 miles, but my right leg was not having it. Rather than push through the pain, I stopped.
- Thursday 12/21/17: Body Back.
- Friday 12/22/17: Strength, upper body and core.
- Saturday 12/23/17: Strength, upper body; Cycling, 6.33 miles.
- Sunday 12/24/17: Rest.
- Miles: 7.28 miles
- Total Training Miles:
- Monday 12/25/17: Rowing, 15 minutes, plus core and glutes; Cycling, 6.18 miles.
- Tuesday 12/26/17: Easy Run, 3 miles, avg. pace 11:02.
- Wednesday 12/27/17: Easy run, 3 miles, avg. pace 9:05; Cycling, 6.14 miles.
- Thursday 12/28/17: Strength, upper body
- Friday 12/29/17: Rest.
- Saturday 12/30/17: Long run, 8 miles, 8:31 avg. pace.
- Sunday 12/31/17: Rest.
- Miles: 14 miles
- Total Training Miles: 181.46 miles
- Monday 1/1/18: Rest.
- Tuesday 1/2/18: Strength, upper body.
- Wednesday 1/3/18: Easy run, 3 miles, avg. pace 8:03.
- Thursday 1/4/18: Rest.
- Friday 1/5/18: Rowing, 20 minutes, plus core and glutes.
- Saturday 1/6/18: Easy run, 1.05 mile, avg pace 8:58. I had pain in the outside of my right knee by the time I hit mile 2. I stretched and tried to continue, but it still hurt so I stopped.
- Sunday 1/7/18: Volunteered at the Springhill Marathon. This ended up being a great experience and I loved being able to cheer on my friends. I did not love the 30 degree weather, I mean this is Florida.
- Miles: 4.05 miles
- Total Training Miles: 185.51 miles
Only a five more days until I run Naples. I won’t be adding many more training miles to this training cycle this week, mostly I am just laying low. I have lowered my expectations on my goal just because training has not gone the way I would have liked. I have three goals for Naples as of right now:
- A: 1:45
- B: PR
- C: under 1:55
I really want the 1:45, but I am good with a PR. I guess we will see what Sunday brings. I am also heading into a new age group on Friday, just in time for the race. Forty here I come!!!
How do you reign in your goals when training hasn’t gone as planned?